Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sonam Kapoor reveals her beauty secrets!


Sonam Kapoor who was recently felicitated as Beauty of the Year at Vogue Beauty Awards spills out her secrets.

What’s in your make-up bag?

Concealer, Foundation Fond de Teint (L’Oréal True Match), Bronzer, Baby pink powder, L’Oréal Paris Mega Volume Collagen Mascara, L’Oréal Kajal pencil and L’Oréal Lip Gloss. 

What’s your skincare routine? 

I always use a moisturiser with a sunblock before stepping out, and at the end of the day I use an eye-make-up remover and wash my face with Cetaphyll. Before I retire to bed, I use an intense moisturiser and eye cream.

What’s your go-to beauty look for a red carpet event? 

I love to experiment with my look each time. My go-to beauty look for a red carpet event would definitely be red lips, it makes me very confident. 

What do you think is sexy, beauty-wise? 

Dark smoky eyes, open hair and pouty lips.

Your idols growing up

Madhubala and Waheeda Rehman. 

What are some tips you’ve taken from beauty artistes and use daily? 

I use an orange tint concealer under my eyes and since my hair gets pretty oily, I use a dry shampoo.

What’s the weirdest thing you’ve tried in the name of beauty? 

Black lipstick. 
What product do you turn to for a beauty boost? 

Perfume; it is underestimated and there’s nothing sexier than smelling good.

What is your monsoon must-have beauty product? 

Waterproof mascara.

Do you have a signature fragrance? Where do you like to spray it? 

Michael by Michael Kors. I spray it on my neck, wrist, ankles and elbows.

Do you gravitate toward a lip colour and if so, which shade? 

Red.

Do you switch up your make-up based on your hair colour? 

For me, the hair colour is not as important as matching my skin tone and make-up with my overall look. 

What’s your favourite beauty moment? 

My first magazine cover.

Do you think it’s important to stick with a signature look? 

No, I love experimenting with my look. 

Are you good at applying your own make-up? 

Yes, I’m pretty good at applying my own make-up.

What’s your ultimate beauty tip? 

Moisturise! Moisturise! Moisturise!

What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever received? 

To use an orange under tone under my eyes, before applying my concealer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment